What Will Coaching for Learning Do?
Coaching for Learning defines, advocates and supports the work of coaches as they:
- support a clear, trusting, collaborative culture within schools in which the coach is a facilitator of the continuous school improvement process
- assist school teams and individual educators with transformational learning as well as with implementation of particular strategies
- advocate and model a culture of inquiry and of a collective commitment to learning at high levels for ALL students
- facilitate the work of teams and serve as a model for collegial reflection about instructional practices by focusing on and analyzing student work and assessment results
- assist teacher teams with providing technical assistance, modeling or seeking external
- assistance as professional learning needs are uncovered by team data, often tapping into the expertise within their own team or building
- build capacity of teachers and teacher collaborative teams to peer coach/peer assist one another in improving practices that result in increased student learning
Given the varied roles of coaches, how should we begin?
- Presently, the work and roles of coaches in West Virginia school districts vary a great deal.
- Coaches have expressed a need for assistance with their own professional learning and to be afforded opportunities and platforms to network with other coaches.
- Therefore, Coaching for Learning will begin its support work with creating networking opportunities and venues and with training in critically important foundational areas.
West Virginia Department of Education
1900 Kanawha Boulevard East, Charleston, WV 25305
(Staff Phone and Email by Name) (School Directory)
Topics: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
For suggestions, questions, problems contact the webmaster
Please read our disclaimers
State Board |