Kanawha County Bus Route Changes
These announcements are effective on Saturday, April 20, 2019.
Emergency - Keystone Drive Area:
The following bus route changes are effective until further notice due to the emergency closure of Keystone Drive.
Morning Pick-up Schedule:
- Bus 1218, Ruffner Elementary: Keystone Drive / Airport Road at 7:25 AM.
- Bus 1217, Stonewall Jackson: Airport Road / Keystone Drive at 7:50 AM, Keystone Drive / Barlow Drive at 8:00 AM.
- Bus 1218, Capital High: Keystone Drive / Barlow Drive at 6:30 AM, Airport Road / Keystone Drive at 6:40 AM.
Evening Drop-off Schedule:
- Bus 1218, Ruffner Elementary: Airport Road / Keystone Drive at 3:10 PM.
- Bus 1207, Stonewall Jackson: Keystone Drive / Barlow Drive at 4:10 PM, Airport Road / Keystone Drive at 4:20 PM.
- Bus 1218, Capital High: Airport Road / Keystone Drive at 3:25 PM, Keystone Drive / Barlow Drive at 3:35 PM.
Emergency - Tolley Hollow Road Area:
The following bus route changes are effective until further notice for Tolley Hollow Road in the Sissonville area.
If there are questions, call the Sissonville Bus Terminal at 304-348-1963.
- Morning: Sissonville Elementary and Sissonville Middle School students may catch bus 1014 at the intersection of Sissonville Drive and Tolley Hollow Road at 7:50am.
- Afternoon: Sissonville Elementary students will be dropped off at the intersection of Sissonville Drive and Tolley Hollow Road at 3:25pm by bus 1014.
- Afternoon: Sissonville Middle students will be dropped off at the intersection of Sissonville Drive and Tolley Hollow Road at 4:05pm by bus 1011.
Little Sandy Road Area:
- Starting Monday, August 27, all students on Little Sandy will be picked up on the Elk Center Elementary run at the elementary pick-up times. If you have a question, please call the bus garage at 304-348-1991.
Avesta Drive Area:
Beginning Dec. 18th, buses will no longer run Avesta Dr. due to the weight limit on the bridge. The bus will stop at the beginning of Avesta Dr. and McCorkle Avenue and also at the BP station. There is no time difference for the new pick up and drop off spots for Weimer, McKinley Middle or St. Albans High School.
Simms Street Area:
Due to road conditions, Bus 1805 and 1806 will not be running Simms Street until further notice. Bus 1805 will be picking up SAHS, Hayes and Anne Bailey at Simms Street and MacCorkle Ave at 6:40 a.m. Drop off for Anne Bailey at Simms St. will be at 2:25 p.m. Bus 1806 will drop off SAHS and Hayes at Simms and MacCorkle at 3:25 p.m.
Burning Springs Road Area:
Buses 1402, 1403, 1405, and 1313, will not be running
Burning Springs Road until further notice. Students will
get on and off at the mouth of the hollow at the trailer
Other ways to stay informed
Change how you are notified
You may unsubscribe or change your preferences for School Closings email notifications.
If you are receiving automated telephone calls with recorded messages, please contact your school.
Announcements are posted by County Board Offices. Please contact your County
Board office if you have a question about posted or missing announcements.
County Offices assume any and all risk associated with relying upon the accuracy and timeliness of the information presented.
The information posted here is not under the control of the WV Department of Education, and the WV Department of Education
makes no representations, warranties or guarantees relating to the accuracy or timeliness of the information posted on the