Kanawha County Bus Route Changes
These announcements are effective on Monday, August 21, 2017.
Emergency - Keystone Drive Area:
The following bus route changes are effective until further notice due to the emergency closure of Keystone Drive.
Morning Pick-up Schedule:
- Bus 1218, Ruffner Elementary: Keystone Drive / Airport Road at 7:25 AM.
- Bus 1217, Stonewall Jackson: Airport Road / Keystone Drive at 7:50 AM, Keystone Drive / Barlow Drive at 8:00 AM.
- Bus 1218, Capital High: Keystone Drive / Barlow Drive at 6:30 AM, Airport Road / Keystone Drive at 6:40 AM.
Evening Drop-off Schedule:
- Bus 1218, Ruffner Elementary: Airport Road / Keystone Drive at 3:10 PM.
- Bus 1207, Stonewall Jackson: Keystone Drive / Barlow Drive at 4:10 PM, Airport Road / Keystone Drive at 4:20 PM.
- Bus 1218, Capital High: Airport Road / Keystone Drive at 3:25 PM, Keystone Drive / Barlow Drive at 3:35 PM.
New Hope Road Area:
The following bus route changes are effective until further notice due to the weight limit on the bridge on the Blue Creek end of New Hope Road.
- In the morning, Bus 1115 will turn at Island View Road at 6:45 a.m. and then pick up coming back through New Hope Road.
- In the afternoon, Bus 1115 will be delivering the students starting on the Pinch side of New Hope Road which will affect the afternoon arrival times by 10 minutes. Any students living from Island View Road to Pinnell Point will need to meet the bus at Pinnell Point at 6:45 AM and 2:30 PM.
- Bus 1119 will pick up and drop off on Walgrove for Bridge Elementary. This will make Bus 1119 later by 10 minutes delivering the students home on Blue Creek Road.
Burning Springs Road Area:
Buses 1402, 1403, 1405, and 1313, will not be running
Burning Springs Road until further notice. Students will
get on and off at the mouth of the hollow at the trailer
Ballard Road Area:
Due to construction on Ballard Road, buses will not be able run there in evenings, starting Thursday March 23, 2017. Students will be dropped off at the Intersection of Greenview and Ballard Roads at the times listed below:
- Bus 1601 will drop off Alum Creek Elementary Students at 2:00 PM
- Bus 1604 will drop off George Washington and John Adams Students at 3:50 PM
Note: Bus 1508 will still pick students up in the mornings.
If you have any questions please contact the South Charleston Bus Terminal at 304-766-0373.
Other ways to stay informed
Change how you are notified
You may unsubscribe or change your preferences for School Closings text message or email notifications.
If you are receiving automated telephone calls with recorded messages, please contact your school.
Announcements are posted by County Board Offices. Please contact your County
Board office if you have a question about posted or missing announcements.
County Offices assume any and all risk associated with relying upon the accuracy and timeliness of the information presented.
The information posted here is not under the control of the WV Department of Education, and the WV Department of Education
makes no representations, warranties or guarantees relating to the accuracy or timeliness of the information posted on the